Wednesday, July 11, 2007

the proposal

So I got proposed to the other day....

Let me clarify. I got proposed to by someone I didn't even know. I was in Dave & Busters when someone came up to me and said that he noticed me talking to Ethan. He said I was talking so sweet and looked so pretty, so sexy and that he wanted to marry me.

After I good laugh, I said no thanks.

But it begs the question of marriage and why I seem to be adverse to it. Many of my friends are looking for just that...or have that already. Which is all well and good.

But at times I think something is wrong with me.

I think I have this fear that marriage is confining, restricting....a prison.

Not that I'm afraid of committment. I'm in love with the most wonderful guy and can't imagine my life without him as he's become such a wonderful friend to me. I'm completely and totally committed to him.

But to be married seems to be conforming to society's whim.

I've seen too many people change because of marriage. That their life stops. All for the sake of the other.

I don't want that. I don't want to lose myself all over again. I want to be me and for my guy to be himself.

Isnt' that the way marriage or a partnership is supposed to be?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think what you're saying has anything to do with whether or not you should entertain marriage. I think it has everything to do with being true to yourself and to your partner...and for your partner to do the same. Personally, I think if you got married again, you'll know better. You won't let someone rule you again and you won't lose yourself. You'll still be this amazing, kind, beautiful woman. I can't see you changing.

And that is my thought for the day.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home